Places: 1000 Max-loa:40m Phone:+30 210 9880000 VHF channel:71 16
Kalamaki or Alimos Marina is large with over 400 berths. The marina is usually very crowded with local boats and charter fleets that maintain permanent berths. You may be able to rouse the attendants to direct you to where to go. It does provide very good all weather shelter. The marina is operated by the municipality of Alimos and the level of service can only be kindly described as indifferent. Unfortunately the marina rates are astronomical.
There are laid moorings and you do not have to anchor. But the attendants are not always there to help you.
Nearby recommended marinas:
The marina facilities are basic, i.e. toilets & showers (not very clean). Arrangements for fuel can usually be made for a mini-tanker delivery at the dock. Unfortunately the tanker operators are not very keen to deliver the small amount of fuel that a sail boat requires. There is gas station about 3 blocks away on the main highway.
Motorbike & Car Rentals
Arrangements can be made with most major companies. They will deliver and pick-up at the marina.
Several privates companies operate from the marina. You have to make special arrangements with them for haul-out or repairs. Some are:
- The Mpekatoros brothers in Athens (tel. +30 210 92 28 146) have a complete machine shop and specialize in the service of Diesel engines.
- There is an outboard shop in Glyfada.
- Mr. Petros Filipakis (+30 210 89 91 577, +30 6944 440 272) is a good marine electrician but hard to get.
- For instrument and VHF repairs contact Mr. Theodoros Skordilis (+30 210 41 81 797), his company represents Raymarine and may other brands.
- Chronis Papamichael and his wife Rena (+30 210 98 42 010) can make and repair any kind of sail.
Very close to many stores, including some excellent chandleries. The tram-line stops right next to marina, so transportation to Athens and Piraeus is very good. Taxis are also available.
Of particular interest are:
- There is a AB super market for provisioning. They will deliver to your boat.
- There is a Carrefour Express supermarket right outside the marina. Its next to Hotel Poseidon on the other side of the road from the marina on the north-west end of the marina.
- On the highway to Athens in Kalamaki there several yachting stores including the well stocked Pelagos just accross from the marina.
- Transport to and from the airport with the X96 express bus which go between Athens airport and Piraeus. It stops right outside the marina, very convenient. €5 per person.
- Taxi to/from airport about €45. Source: www.cruiserswiki.org